Sunday, March 22, 2009

Anne Comes to Griefin an Affair of Honor (ch 23)

Daring was the fashionable amusement among the Avonlea small fry just then. It has begun among the boys, but soon spread to the girls, and all the silly things that were done in Avonlea that summer because the doers thereof were "dared" to do them would fill a book by themselves. I love that line.

"Anne tossed her red braids." Oh no, here comes trouble.

"No, Diana, I am not killed, but I think I am rendered unconscious." THAT is too funny.

I would have fainted too if I would have had to explain how I broken my ankle to Marilla.

"Oh, I'm an afflicted mortal."

I too, know some some people that surely couldn't have ever been children.

And to end the chapter. " There's one thing plain to be seen, Anne," said Marilla, "and that is that your fall off the Barry roof hasn't injured your tongue at all."



oft - short of often

No comments: