Saturday, March 28, 2009

An Epoch in Anne's Life (ch. 29)

I do love this chapter but so far my favorite is this. "It's always wrong to do anything you can't tell the ministers wife." It's as good as an extra conscience to have a minister's wife for your friend."

It brought tears to my eyes to read the words, "But the best of it all was coming home."

I can't imagine what Anne's life would have been like if she had not gone to live with Marilla and Matthew. What love has grown up between Marilla, Matthew and Anne. It makes my heart swell and my eyes water.....again.

epoch - a point of time distinguished by a particular event or state of affairs; a memorable date

prima donna - a first or principal female singer of an opera company

prosaic - commonplace or dull; matter-of-fact or unimaginative

No comments: