Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Hotel Concert (ch 33)

My how Anne has grown up. Her room must seem pulchritudinous to her. I couldn't wait to use that word. Just don't ask me to pronounce it.


I had forgotten that Anne was older than Diana. Will Diana ever make it through school with out Anne?


Does Lucy Maud Montgomery know how to end a chapter or what? "Well, I don't want to be any one but myself, even if I go uncomforted by diamonds all my life," declared Anne. "I'm quite content to be Anne of Green Gables, with my string of pearl beads. I know Matthew gave me as much love with them as ever went with Madam the Pin Lady's jewels."




elocutionist - a person who studies and practices oral delivery, including the control of both voice and gesture (I knew what this word meant, but i wanted to include it anyway)


unpropitious - Unfavorable

No comments: