Saturday, February 7, 2009

Anne says her prayers (Ch. 7)

"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair, said Anne reproachfully. People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is. Mrs. Thomas told me God made my hair red on purpose, and I've never cared about Him since." I love it!!!! LOL

heathen - an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan

I thought I knew what this word meant, but I just wanted to be sure.

reproach - to find fault with

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ok, I did post a comment but for some reason it didn't post so I'm gonna try it again.

I too loved the quote regarding Anne's red hair. Being a red-head myself I can sympathize with Anne. I've had many occasion to wish my red hair away! Now I'd give anything to have my youthful color back!! Ah, such is life.
Ok, about my favorite quote...that would have to be:

"That girl is next door to a perfect heathen."
That is soooooo funny!!

Ok, my words to look up were:

harrowed-v. tormented, vexed

catechism-n. 1:oral instruction, 2:a summary of religious doctrine often in the form of questions and answers
(OK, now I always associated catechism with catholocism, I had no idea I was teaching my children using catechism. Hm.)