Friday, February 27, 2009

Anne to the Rescue (ch. 18, part 2)

I think this chapter deserves two post. I do believe that this is my favorite chapter so far.

I have to admit that tears came to my eyes when Marilla told Anne she and Diana could be friends again. I do have to agree that dishwashing is terribly unromantic. I'm not sure that being grown up is really so lovely either. Isn't that just like God. To prepare Anne with the lifesaving techniques by having her survive 3 sets of twins.

"Anne came dancing home in the purple winter twilight across the snowy places. Afar in the southwest was the great shimmering, pearl-like sparkle of an evening star in a sky that was pale golden and ethereal rose over gleaming white space and dark glens of spruce. The tinkles of sleigh bells among the snowy hills came like elfin chimes through the frosty air, but their music was not sweeter than the song in Anne's heart and on her lips."

I really want to end with this quote.

"..I feel like praying tonight and I'm going to think out a apecial brand new prayer in honor of the occasion."

I've go to make a list of all the vocab words so I can use them on a regular basis.



pulchritudinous - having qualities that delight the eye ( I know, this word didn't come from the book but I was looking up something else and ran across it. I thought it sounded like something Anne would say) You can listen to the pronunciation here.

No comments: