Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Marilla Cuthbert is Surprised (Ch 3)

I can't imagine how broken hearted Anne must have felt. She was so set on having a "home" and felt as if someone finally "wanted" her.

My favorite line:

"Well this is a pretty kettle of fish, she said wrathfully."

I love that and intend to start using it!

I did have a few more words to define this time:

deprecatingly - to express earnest disapproval of: belittle
raiment - clothing; apparel; attire
perturbation - mental disquiet, disturbance, or agitation
predilection - a tendency to think favorably of something in particular

I'll end this post with this quote:

And upstairs in the east gable, a lonely, heart-hungry, friendless child cried herself to sleep.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Matthew-Anne's Champion! I love it when Marilla asks,"What good could she be to us?" and Matthew replies suddenly and unexpededly, "We might be some good to her."

He loves her already. I think everyone desires a champion like Matthew. Some blessed ones do but most only dream of someone to always be the first to take up for you and defend you. Just like Matthew.

MyKidsMom said...

I couldn't agree more. And we know from the movie that they each other good.