Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Morning at Green Gables (Ch 4)

Okay, I'm caught up. How about you, keeping up? I am really enjoying this book. I have to share a quote from my dd. "I'm already tired of listening to Anne talk! She just goes on and on!" LOL

Finally the first chapter without any obscure words. I know obscure probably isn't the word I'm looking for, but I have a limited vocabulary. (I did go back and look up obscure and it means exactly what I wanted it to. Not easily understood)

Another favorite quote:

I had my quote almost typed out and decided to see if you can guess what it is. I will tell you that it is early in the chapter. What beautiful words they are.

Dictionary.com defines beautiful as having qualities that delight the eye. So beautiful isn't the word I'm looking for either. Honeyed is more how they sound to me. They almost made my mouth water and it didn't have anything to do with food. Can you find it?

2 comments:

Tina said...

I'm really not sure what you could be referring to other than the description of the cherry tree outside her window, or possibly the garden and down to the brook. Tell me if I got warm at all; I really like trying to guess.

I particularly loved the sentence..."Anne's beauty-loving eyes lingered on it all, taking everything greedily in..." Ever have moments like that?

MyKidsMom said...

@Tina - you got it. page 31 - "Below the garden a green field lush with clover sloped down to the hollow where the brook ran and where scores of white birches grew, upspringing airily out of an under growth suggestive of delightful possibilities in ferns and mosses and wodsy things generally." Good Job!